MissionFiT offers a new Bible/book study based on the book Made To Crave. Even before the study is complete you will be asking
“What Do I Crave?”
We all crave something. Sometimes it’s a favorite food or sometimes it’s more meaningful like time away with family. However, when you ask yourself “What do I crave?”, do you even think about “craving” God? The Bible encourages, nay, implores us to “crave” God. Consider these verses:
- …and My people, who are called by My Name, humble themselves, and pray and seek (crave, require as a necessity) My face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear [them] from heaven, and forgive their sin and heal their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:14 (Amplified)
Yet, our craving can be a bad thing, too. The psalmist describes an incident in the wilderness in which the Israelites got tired of three meals of manna:
- “They willfully put God to the test by demanding the food they craved.” The Israelites were complaining about their situation. As the story continues: “[God] rained meat down on them like dust…[God] gave them what they craved. But before they turned from what they craved…God’s anger rose against them…” Psalm 78:18-32 (NIV)
If you do a general search for the word “crave” in almost any version of the Bible, you will find several instances of the word. As an example, the Amplified version lists nine occurrences of the word “crave”.
To guide us toward craving the right One, MissionFiT is offering a three part Bible/book study centered around emotional eating and body image. The first book we will read and review is Made To Crave written by Lysa TerKeurst. Dig in a little further to find out more:
- Read a Sample Chapter
- “A Call To Action” – Devotional from the book
- YouTube Videos from Proverbs 31 ministries based on the book
- Made To Crave Reading Plan on the YouVersion Bible App
Of course, there’s nothing better than to sit down with friends and actually review the book while considering your shared experiences. Hence, the new study.
Dates: Thursdays, October 21 – December 16
Time: 9:30 am – 10:30 am
Location: MissionFiT Garage
Participate in the study either in-person OR through Zoom. The In-Person option is open to a maximum 12 participants each date. So, if you know you can attend in-person and want to do so, please sign up for each available date. If you’re not sure, then just sign up for the in-person dates you can make and watch on Zoom. Because this study meets only one time each week, each class will be recorded so you can review the lesson or catch up on what you’ve missed.
Be sure to use these links to sign-up!
*NOTE: CLASS WILL NOT MEET ON THANKSGIVING DAY, NOVEMBER 25, 2021