Worn Paths & New Trails
MissionFiT as an organization has come a long way. Yet there’s still a lot to accomplish for members, coaches and the administrative board. Let’s start our walk down the worn paths with a few highlights from 2021 and see what new trails lie ahead for 2022.
- Since the COVID pandemic began, MissionFiT coaches have learned to improvise, adapt and overcome. Each coach took on a new certification or two for the year to continue to grow and be able to serve our community more and better.
- Zoom has come to be a vital part of our every day athlete experience for many and it is here to stay. This has helped us serve more people as well as keep others more consistent and training more days per week.
- We’ve finally found the solution for Restore class. Mobility is so important for the maintenance of our bodies that we wanted everyone doing it, not just those that could fit one more class into their schedule. We will continue with the every 8 week Thursday/Friday classes being Restore days.
- A new “Trauma” class called “Reclaim” was tested this fall and is also here to stay.
- An on-going goal of MissionFiT is to serve the local community. In 202, that looked like assistance to homeowners after tornados. This year, we supported 2 ministries in the city: Hope Vibes and A Fresh Start, both which we will be continuing to grow the relationship with in 2022.
- And finally, we saw so many athletes this year crush goals, it’s been wildly inspiring! Can’t wait to see what God has in store for us next year!
What’s Ahead in 2022?
- With the addition of Faith Rx’d, athletes will get links to spiritual blogs through the weekly e-mail. Community questions based on these readings will become part of class during mobilization, stretching and warm-ups. One of these weeks each month though, a “Fruit of the Spirit” (Galatians 5: 22-23) will be highlighted and focused on in class.
- As we know, nutrition is a big piece of the health and wellness. So, MissionFiT staff has set aside some office hours for nutrition coaching. Furthermore, we’ve made connections with nutrition specialists to assist those athletes with specific medical/hormonal needs that can be addressed through proper adjustments to their nutrition.
- Another connection praise is a massage therapist that will be starting in March 2022. More details to come.
- We have truly enjoyed getting to know and support some local ministries in 2021. 2022 is already building with some creative ways that we can take this relationship to the next level. Specifically, howe we can serve the community of Hope Vibes with Health and Wellness. Stay tuned for how you can play a part in that.