1. Track your wellness.
Preventing Ministry Failure
Foundation Stone 7, Pages 220-229
Emotionally Healthy Leader
Read Chapter 7, Pages 224-237
Emotionally Healthy Woman
In light of Chapter 7, process through these questions:
1. How would you describe the lens through which your parents saw the world? Was their mentality a “glass half empty” or a “glass half full”? How has this impacted the way you see the world?
2. There are three major types of faulty thinking that distort how we see and experience life. Which one do you fall into?
– Taking Things Personally
– Thinking Things Will Never Change
– All-Or-Nothing Thinking
3. A. List three “faulty thoughts” that you’ve had recently. For example: “You can’t trust lawyers”, “Ugh, my car broke down… again”, “Everything is going wrong for me.”
B. Write accurate “thinking” statements next to your “faulty thoughts”. (Note: It’s true there are some dishonest lawyers, but there are also lawyers who can be trusted.).
4. What is one step you can take today to avoid faulty thinking?