1. Track your wellness.
Preventing Ministry Failure
Foundation Stone 3, Pages 100-116
The Emotionally Healthy Leader
Read Chapter 3, Pages 97-114
Emotionally Healthy Woman
In light of Chapter 3, process through these questions:
1. What is one thing that brought you sheer delight this week?
2. Self-care is never selfish. It includes things such as saying a healthy “no”, being with people you enjoy, doing things that make you feel alive, getting enough sleep, and eating well. What obstacles or hindrances keep you from healthy self-care?
3. Read the first chapter of Genesis. Here is a lovely picture of God’s creation of the world and how he felt about it. How does the repeated phrase “it was good” speak to you? (See Genesis 1:4, 10, 12, 18, 21, 25, 31)
4. It’s easy to go through life and not see or enjoy God’s creation of the world and how he felt about it. How does the repeated phrase “it was good” speak to you?
5. In order to quit dying to the wrong things, we first need to be aware of what nurtures our spirit and brings us delight. Take 3 minutes to create a personal list of everything you like to do. Think of everything that fills you with delight. 3-2-1-Go!
6. What is one thing from your list in #5 that you want to integrate more deeply into your life right away? What adjustments might you need to make for this to happen?
7. What are one or two things you need to die to? For example, a judgmental attitude, envy, defensiveness, etc.