Announcing The Winning Team of MissionFiT’s Seek The City Challenge
Between mid-November 2020 and January 3, 2021, 17 MissionFiT Teams participated in a 20-part MissionFiT Seek The City Challenge. Designed in part to help folks keep moving through the holiday season, Seek The City allowed teams of two (MissionFiT members or not) to find and even do more in and around the community in which they live.
Before Revealing The Seek The City Challenge Winning Team:
A brief recap:
Each team had 20 different “disciplines” to work on like:
- Sighting a Nerf Gun Course
- Fun & Games like puzzles, Lego buildings and looking for things purposely placed under rocks and trees (AKA Geocaching)
- Learning New “Skills” like Origami
- Searching for 50 years of pennies
- Community Service and Neighborly Service
Teams completed these activities, either together or by themselves. And several teams got into the spirit of the season while helping neighbors and sharing with friends…even 6 feet apart! Photos journaling different teams’ progress can be found on the MissionFiT Blog.
And The Seek The City Challenge Winning Team?
After all was said and done Team Deb & Mike were more creative, better golfers, and saw more sights than their competitors! Here are the results:
- Deb & Mike racked up over 100 more points than their nearest competitors. Final total was 1,472
- Sally & Pam were next at 1,326
- Tom & Deb had 495 points
- Amy & Josh had 483 points
- Kim & John had 215 points