Does Your Weight Need A Helping Hand? Consider Probiotics
Almost every yogurt commercial touts the importance of enjoying the product as a way to help you keep your gut healthy with probiotics. But what are probiotics and why are they important to you?
Basically, probiotics are “good bacteria”. The body contains both good and bad bacteria. The bad bacteria can cause problems like indigestion and constipation. As a result, when you have an imbalance of bad over good bacteria in your system, other diseases can form, causing even neurological disorders. On the other hand, good bacteria fight off the bad, helping your body fight off disease, ease digestive problems and help you stay regular as clockwork.
Can I Lose Weight?
As the commercial says “Your results may vary”. But there is some research that supports the correlation between the regular use of probiotics in your diet and weight loss. Common sense may tell you that keeping your internal “pipes” clean gives you energy and helps you feel better overall. So, the use of probiotics can help you remain “clog free,” acting as a Liquid Plumber for your colon.
Dietary Sources Of Probiotics
- Kimchi and Sauerkraut
- Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
Read more on how these products help your digestive system become proactive instead of reactive.
The Right Probiotic
While investigating the strength and reliability of probiotics, Natural Living Family uncovered a few things.
- “According to research, the body’s naturally harsh stomach acid – which is necessary for digesting all types of foods – kills off 99.99% of the probiotic strains available.
That means most probiotic products (including yogurts, Greek yogurt, probiotic supplements, etc) die long before their active strains get to your small intestine.” In addition, according to Natural Family Living revealed that “scientists have uncovered several ways that probiotics help alleviate a wide array of food sensitivity and digestive issues.” So, “the RIGHT probiotic can:
- Boost critically important bacteria (and keep the bad bacteria in check)
- Support a healthy inflammatory response (which can make you less sensitive to “trigger-foods”)
- Secrete enzymes that boost your body’s ability to break down foods
- Improve overall food tolerance and healthy digestion
- Fortify your intestinal barrier to prevent “leaky gut” and other digestive issues”
MissionFiTBit: Keys To Good Health For Seniors
MissionFiTBit: Is Stress Affecting Your Physical Health?
Natural Living Family: Just Thrive Probiotic
Learn More About Holistic Wellness Through A Christian Lens In Our FitBits